I picked up this slightly damaged heart-shaped wall hanging in the sale section a store. It only cost me £1 and as I wanted to alter it anyway, it didn't matter to me that it was a bit scuffed. I meant to take a photo of it before I altered it, but I was so eager to start on it that I forgot. Basically it was just a plain cream-painted heart, probably made from MDF rather than wood, with another little heart stuck on at the centre. The hanging ribbon was already attached.
There were a few steps involved:
- Sand all edges.
- Scuff surface with distress tool.
- Remove dust.
- Stamp images onto tissue paper and dry with heat gun.
- Paste stamped tissue onto heart surface using diluted PVA glue.
- Go to cinema while project is drying - we watched The Railway Man.
- Sand surplus tissue off.
- Apply Brushed Pewter Distress Paint and Picket Fence Distress Stain.
- Sponge edges and centre heart with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.
- Adhere silver chain around centre heart.
- Add Prima flower.
Here's a pre-cinema photo:
It's going into a few challenges:
Curtain Call Love Letter
Simon Says Monday Challenge Anything Goes
Simply Create Too Valentine's Day or Use Hearts
Penny Black Saturday Challenge New (new heart, and new Penny Black stamps)
Penny Black Sending Hugs
Here's another view. All stamps Penny Black.